High-dose injections of vitamin C, also known as ascorbate or ascorbic acid, reduced tumor weight and growth rate by about 50 percent in mouse models of brain, ovarian and pancreatic cancers, researchers report in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The researchers traced ascorbate’s anti-cancer effect to the formation of hydrogen peroxide in the extracellular fluid surrounding the tumors. Normal cells were unaffected.
Free In-Person Chronic Fatigue Evaluation
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
Inflammaging: A New Viewpoint For Age Related Diseases Chronic, sterile, low grade inflammation develops during the ageing process called inflammaging which contributes to pathogenesis of age related diseases 229  0 Inflammation
Inflammaging: A New Viewpoint For Age Related Diseases Chronic, sterile, low grade i..
- Genetic study improves lifespan predictions and scientific understanding of aging
- Does herpes cause Alzheimer’s?
- Eating leafy greens could help prevent macular degeneration
- Why does diabetes cause heart failure?
- Qualitative exploration of intrinsic and extrinsic factors that influence acceptability of semisoft vaginal suppositories
Scientists have revealed the intricate process that bone cells use to repair themsel..