Vitamin C is indispensible for life. We obtain all our vitamin C from out diet and several tightly regulated processes control our vitamin C levels. One protein involved in this is Slc23a1, but its in vivo importance has not been determined. However, researchers have now identified several crucial functions for Slc23a1 in mice: it is involved in absorption of vitamin C by the kidney and in perinatal survival.
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
- Personal growth often coexists with post-traumatic stress following natural disasters
- Scientists find heightened attention to surprise in veterans with PTSD
- Pickle Juice Has Health Benefits, Fact Or Fiction?
- Tuberculosis drugs work better with vitamin C
- Taking folic acid in late pregnancy may increase childhood allergy risk
The frequency of chronic joint pain after infection with chikungunya in a large Lati..