Vitamin C is indispensible for life. We obtain all our vitamin C from out diet and several tightly regulated processes control our vitamin C levels. One protein involved in this is Slc23a1, but its in vivo importance has not been determined. However, researchers have now identified several crucial functions for Slc23a1 in mice: it is involved in absorption of vitamin C by the kidney and in perinatal survival.
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
Bright’s Disease Bright’s disease is an archaic term that is used to describe a variety of kidney diseases which includes glomerulonephritis or acute/chronic nephritis. 121  0 Inflammation
Inflammation Bright’s Disease Bright’s disease is an archaic term that is used t..
- Young athletes interested in healthy protein, not French fries
- Could eating moss be good for your gut?
- Let it go: Mental breaks after work improve sleep
- Study highlights need for strength training in older women to ward off effects of aging
- Dementia trend shows later onset with fewer years of the disease
A new study takes a comparative approach to pinpoint what happens differently in hum..