A 6-year follow-up of a large, randomized trial in people with a history of smoking has found that the overall harm associated with beta-carotene supplementation on cardiovascular disease mortality disappeared quickly after participants stopped taking the supplements. However, the risk of lung cancer may persist, especially in females and former smokers, according to the study in the December 1 issue of the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
Free In-Person Chronic Fatigue Evaluation
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
- Microbiome differences between urban and rural populations start soon after birth
- Decades of type 1 diabetes linked to mild drop in cognition
- chemical key to diabetes drug alternatives
- Common diabetes drug found safe for most diabetics with kidney disease
- immune system educated by biomaterial particles to accept transplanted islets
Stem cells have been used therapeutically in horses for many years as a treatment op..