A 6-year follow-up of a large, randomized trial in people with a history of smoking has found that the overall harm associated with beta-carotene supplementation on cardiovascular disease mortality disappeared quickly after participants stopped taking the supplements. However, the risk of lung cancer may persist, especially in females and former smokers, according to the study in the December 1 issue of the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
Traditional Cancer Treatments Create Inflammation and Promoting Tumor Growth Chemotherapy that kills cancer cells can also trigger an inflammatory response that actually promotes aggressive tumor growth. 1097  0 Inflammation Chronic Disease May Be Triggered By Repeated Food Poisoning
Cancer Traditional Cancer Treatments Create Inflammation and Promoting Tumor Growth ..
- Self-compassion may protect people from the harmful effects of perfectionism
- Cancer risk associated with key epigenetic changes occurring through normal aging process
- Fertility breakthrough: New research could extend egg health with age
- Sweet, bitter, fat: Genetics play a role in kids’ snacking patterns
- Securing a child’s future needs to start during parents’ teen years