The edible fungus Monascus purpureus imparts a distinct flavor and red color when added to fermented rice dishes such as those served in Asia. Now, with “a helping hand” from science, the fungus could offer a way to address a major public health concern: vitamin A deficiency.
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
- Screening could catch a quarter of hip fractures before they happen
- Genetic study uncovers fungal sex secrets, which shed light on candidiasis
- Health care professionals’ attitudes towards population-based genetic testing and risk-stratification for ovarian cancer: a cross-sectional survey
- After searching 12 years for bipolar disorder’s cause, research team concludes it has many
- Gene mutation causes low sensitivity to pain
Community screening for osteoporosis could prevent more than a quarter of hip fractu..