Research on vitamin D in diabetes should focus on patients with both low vitamin D and increased PTH. It is well known that, in response to low vitamin D levels, the body increases secretion of parathyroid hormone (PTH), which is its upstream regulator. Researchers show that glucose levels are perturbed only when low vitamin D is accompanied by increased PTH.
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
- Screening could catch a quarter of hip fractures before they happen
- Genetic study uncovers fungal sex secrets, which shed light on candidiasis
- Health care professionals’ attitudes towards population-based genetic testing and risk-stratification for ovarian cancer: a cross-sectional survey
- After searching 12 years for bipolar disorder’s cause, research team concludes it has many
- Gene mutation causes low sensitivity to pain
Community screening for osteoporosis could prevent more than a quarter of hip fractu..