Long-term daily multivitamin supplement use may lower cataract risk in men, according to a study of nearly 15,000 male physicians. Half took a common daily multivitamin, as well as vitamin C, vitamin E and beta carotene supplements. The other half took a placebo. The researchers followed the participants to identify how many participants in each group developed new cases of two common eye diseases: cataract and age-related macular degeneration. Results showed a 9 percent decrease in risk for those that took the supplements.
Free In-Person Chronic Fatigue Evaluation
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
Inflammaging: A New Viewpoint For Age Related Diseases Chronic, sterile, low grade inflammation develops during the ageing process called inflammaging which contributes to pathogenesis of age related diseases 229  0 Inflammation
Inflammaging: A New Viewpoint For Age Related Diseases Chronic, sterile, low grade i..
- Spray coated tactile sensor on 3D surface for robotic skin
- Kiwi teenagers less fit than a generation ago
- Flow mediated vasodilation compared with carotid intima media thickness in the evaluation of early cardiovascular damage in menopausal women and the influence of biological and psychosocial factors
- Manganese plays a key role in bacterial infection
- Eye infection in contact lens wearers can cause blindness