Immune cells called microglia can completely repopulate themselves in the retina after being nearly eliminated, according to a new study in mice. The findings point to potential therapies for controlling inflammation and slowing progression of rare retinal diseases such as retinitis pigmentosa (RP) and age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
Free In-Person Chronic Fatigue Evaluation
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
Inflammaging: A New Viewpoint For Age Related Diseases Chronic, sterile, low grade inflammation develops during the ageing process called inflammaging which contributes to pathogenesis of age related diseases 229  0 Inflammation
Inflammaging: A New Viewpoint For Age Related Diseases Chronic, sterile, low grade i..
- Gut sense: Neural superhighway conveys messages from gut to brain in milliseconds
- High gluten diet in pregnancy linked to increased risk of diabetes in children
- Human skeletal stem cells identified
- In depression the brain region for stress control is larger
- A longitudinal study of the prevalence and characteristics of breast disorders detected by clinical breast examination during pregnancy and six months postpartum in Ibadan, Southwestern Nigeria