Immune cells called microglia can completely repopulate themselves in the retina after being nearly eliminated, according to a new study in mice. The findings point to potential therapies for controlling inflammation and slowing progression of rare retinal diseases such as retinitis pigmentosa (RP) and age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
Free In-Person Chronic Fatigue Evaluation
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
Inflammaging: A New Viewpoint For Age Related Diseases Chronic, sterile, low grade inflammation develops during the ageing process called inflammaging which contributes to pathogenesis of age related diseases 229  0 Inflammation
Inflammaging: A New Viewpoint For Age Related Diseases Chronic, sterile, low grade i..
- Physical activity in the evening does not cause sleep problems
- Increased motor activity linked to improved mood
- Large restaurant portions a global problem, study finds
- Resting easy: Oxygen promotes deep, restorative sleep
- Unlocking the secrets of how cells communicate offers insights into treating diseases
Neurons in the brain and spinal cord don’t grow back after injury, unlike thos..