Obesity is often attributed to a simple equation: people are eating too much and exercising too little. But evidence is growing that at least some weight gain is predetermined. New research suggests variants in a gene called ankyrin-B could be causing millions of Americans to put on pounds through no fault of their own. The study shows that the gene causes fat cells to suck up glucose faster than normal, more than doubling their size.
Free In-Person Chronic Fatigue Evaluation
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
Inflammation: The Often Unknown Factor Inflammation can’t really be seen or felt, yet it may be hurting some part of your body right now 173  0 Inflammation
Inflammation: The Often Unknown Factor Inflammation can’t really be seen or felt, ..
- Possible Miracles Of Exosomes Extracellular vesicles have emerged as important mediators of intercellular communication, and have gained interest for therapeutic potential 125 0
- Paralyzed mice with spinal cord injury made to walk again
- Link Between DNA Methylation And Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Scientists Have ID Genesis Of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Yeast species used in food industry can cause disease in humans, study finds
Broken bones among older people increase their risk of death for up to 10 years, acc..