Obesity is often attributed to a simple equation: people are eating too much and exercising too little. But evidence is growing that at least some weight gain is predetermined. New research suggests variants in a gene called ankyrin-B could be causing millions of Americans to put on pounds through no fault of their own. The study shows that the gene causes fat cells to suck up glucose faster than normal, more than doubling their size.
Free In-Person Chronic Fatigue Evaluation
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
Inflammaging: A New Viewpoint For Age Related Diseases Chronic, sterile, low grade inflammation develops during the ageing process called inflammaging which contributes to pathogenesis of age related diseases 229  0 Inflammation
Inflammaging: A New Viewpoint For Age Related Diseases Chronic, sterile, low grade i..
- New drug target discovered for potential blood pressure treatment
- The naked eye alone is not enough to ensure the accurate diagnosis of skin cancer, say experts
- New generation of therapeutics based on understanding of aging biology show promise for Alzheimer’s disease
- Regular bedtimes and sufficient sleep for children may lead to healthier teens
- What’s behind Mediterranean diet and lower cardiovascular risk?
Researchers previously showed that introducing bone marrow stem cells to a bone inju..