Obesity is often attributed to a simple equation: people are eating too much and exercising too little. But evidence is growing that at least some weight gain is predetermined. New research suggests variants in a gene called ankyrin-B could be causing millions of Americans to put on pounds through no fault of their own. The study shows that the gene causes fat cells to suck up glucose faster than normal, more than doubling their size.
Free In-Person Chronic Fatigue Evaluation
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
Inflammaging: A New Viewpoint For Age Related Diseases Chronic, sterile, low grade inflammation develops during the ageing process called inflammaging which contributes to pathogenesis of age related diseases 229  0 Inflammation
Inflammaging: A New Viewpoint For Age Related Diseases Chronic, sterile, low grade i..
- Gut sense: Neural superhighway conveys messages from gut to brain in milliseconds
- High gluten diet in pregnancy linked to increased risk of diabetes in children
- Human skeletal stem cells identified
- In depression the brain region for stress control is larger
- A longitudinal study of the prevalence and characteristics of breast disorders detected by clinical breast examination during pregnancy and six months postpartum in Ibadan, Southwestern Nigeria