Obesity is often attributed to a simple equation: people are eating too much and exercising too little. But evidence is growing that at least some weight gain is predetermined. New research suggests variants in a gene called ankyrin-B could be causing millions of Americans to put on pounds through no fault of their own. The study shows that the gene causes fat cells to suck up glucose faster than normal, more than doubling their size.
Free In-Person Chronic Fatigue Evaluation
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
- Microbiome differences between urban and rural populations start soon after birth
- Decades of type 1 diabetes linked to mild drop in cognition
- chemical key to diabetes drug alternatives
- Common diabetes drug found safe for most diabetics with kidney disease
- immune system educated by biomaterial particles to accept transplanted islets
Stem cells have been used therapeutically in horses for many years as a treatment op..