Adding the dietary supplements folate and vitamin B12 to treatment with antipsychotic medication improved a core symptom component of schizophrenia in a study of more than 100 patients. The study focused on negative symptoms of schizophrenia — which include apathy, social withdrawal, and a lack of emotional expressiveness. While the level of improvement across all participants was modest, results were more significant in individuals carrying specific variants in genes involved with folate metabolism.
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
Bright’s Disease Bright’s disease is an archaic term that is used to describe a variety of kidney diseases which includes glomerulonephritis or acute/chronic nephritis. 121  0 Inflammation
Inflammation Bright’s Disease Bright’s disease is an archaic term that is used t..
- Young athletes interested in healthy protein, not French fries
- Could eating moss be good for your gut?
- Let it go: Mental breaks after work improve sleep
- Study highlights need for strength training in older women to ward off effects of aging
- Dementia trend shows later onset with fewer years of the disease
A new study takes a comparative approach to pinpoint what happens differently in hum..