Adding the dietary supplements folate and vitamin B12 to treatment with antipsychotic medication improved a core symptom component of schizophrenia in a study of more than 100 patients. The study focused on negative symptoms of schizophrenia — which include apathy, social withdrawal, and a lack of emotional expressiveness. While the level of improvement across all participants was modest, results were more significant in individuals carrying specific variants in genes involved with folate metabolism.
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
- Personal growth often coexists with post-traumatic stress following natural disasters
- Scientists find heightened attention to surprise in veterans with PTSD
- Pickle Juice Has Health Benefits, Fact Or Fiction?
- Tuberculosis drugs work better with vitamin C
- Taking folic acid in late pregnancy may increase childhood allergy risk
The frequency of chronic joint pain after infection with chikungunya in a large Lati..