A diet rich in antioxidant vitamins and minerals does not seem to prevent the degenerative eye disease known as age related macular degeneration. Age related macular degeneration is the leading cause of visual loss in older people. It is caused by the progressive break down of light sensitive cells in the macula, located in the centre of the retina at the back of the eye. Sufferers do not go blind, but find it virtually impossible to read, drive, or do tasks requiring fine, sharp, central vision.
Search for any Health Related Issue
Silent KIller: Inflamation
- Personal growth often coexists with post-traumatic stress following natural disasters
- Scientists find heightened attention to surprise in veterans with PTSD
- Pickle Juice Has Health Benefits, Fact Or Fiction?
- Tuberculosis drugs work better with vitamin C
- Taking folic acid in late pregnancy may increase childhood allergy risk
The frequency of chronic joint pain after infection with chikungunya in a large Lati..